Saturday 25 November 2017

First ride back out


Today I went back out on a bike for the first time since breaking my neck 9 weeks ago.  I was scarred but didn't want to look like a complete incompetent idiot!

I put on a rave face and we rode 22kms, so tomorrow's
goals is going to be 50, so by Xmas I'm comfortably riding 100kms.

Look out mill park here I come 6 months you won't know me :)

I should stick to swimming it's so much easier, at least I do t fall off.  I'm not super great at any of the disciples at any of the self disciplines I need to complete the half ironman in November but by Christ i have spirit loads of it!..  I'm taking on an even  harder task by training myself.  I just feel this is a wonderful challenge in ready for and will be so good for my healing..  My PT has been advised not to train me anymore, understable I guess so I see this as an opportunity to take on something positive.  I refuse to let this bring me down. I won't,  I haven't done anything  to hurt her intentionally just worried her and interrupted her life but a small portion of that was both ways.  She has been advised a friendship is not wise either but I can't fathom sharing something so personal with someone because you thought they were your friend & you could trust them and then the my decide diferently. Perhaps they have what they need. While it was lovely while it lasted it's just another time in my life where I fight my own battles and I'll win xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today’s been one of those days, you know what I mean where you question everything and I can’t help but wonder why I’m still here, broke...