Tuesday 3 October 2017

What keeps me going


What keeps someone wanting to get out of bed that has severe injuries? A fractured neck, broken first rib, bumps & bruises everywhere, aches and pains in places they didn't know existed, ruined sinuses.....shall I keep going?......Ok, CPTSD, disassociation, disorganised attachment, torn labrum both side on the left hip.  The thought of long and painful physical therapy, possible hip surgery down the track and long term therapy for PTSD and it's symptoms?

 YOU!  That's what keeps me going each and every day and it brings a smile to my face as I read the most beautifully written pieces of encouragement and I have them printed & stuck on my fridge, my bedside table, my bathroom.  Everywhere I go you all remind me I'm important and that my life is definately worth fighting for and that people recognise how hard I'm trying and how much strength this is taking.  I couldn't possibly do this without each and every one of you.

I won't publish names but I am going to show you the most amazing messages I receive every single day & this is just a tiny portion of them!

I am crying. Big, unashamed tears for you and I. I was in a bike wreck last week Saturday and I was blessed enough to be "ok" (my face will be scarred but I wasn't that cute anyways lol!) and other abrasions that will heal, but I was cleared in a few hours by the ER. No broken bones, no bleeding on the brain. I'm crying because it could of been much worse for both of us, and I'm glad we were so blessed in our moments. I'm also glad to have this sport to focus on. I suffer from depression and anxiety, and we will find a way to deal with our issues. Heal fast, and I will be cheering for you! November is around the corner, and that half will be waiting for you!ing, carrying things I shouldn't using my arm with the healing clavicle... and then I realize meh, maybe I shouldn't have tried to lift that if I didn't need to.  I totally get trying... and I totally get why we shouldn't.  And by the way, for me, finding a comfortable place to sleep and actually getting decent sleep was awesome.  I can't wait until I can comfortably sleep in my bed, but until my rib heals a bit better, the couch is where it's at.

Thank you for sharing your story, your bravery and tenacity are inspiring. Best of luck.


Every step of my run (hopefully on Saturday- fingers crossed🤞🏾🤞🏾) will be focused on you and people like you who fight mental challenges and still show up every day!

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!  Can't wait to read your success blog about finisihing that HIM!  Attitude is everything!

Oh my gosh I love your can do attitude. I the most lovely pathetic type of way you are tackling this. Ha don't let this get you down! Keep healing!


Just read your blog, very powerful! You're lucky to be alive! With your attitude, I know you'll be back to training as soon as you can

Donna, my "injury buddy".  I know it sucks.  You're definitely worse off than me with the injuries... I'm sure that neck brace is driving you insane.  I know that I'm irritated at having to wear the sling for my broken clavicle all the time.  I can't exercise, so I lay down on the ground to see if I could do sit-ups at least, but just laying down on the hard ground was too painful for my healing broken rib.  For me it's been 5 weeks this Saturday... and I go back to the doctor next week for an x-ray to see if I'm ready to start physical therapy.  I'm nervous he's going to tell me I'm not ready or something, or he'll say I need to keep the sling on for longer.  I'm going stir crazy around here, I'm eating badly, gaining weight, getting out of shape, not sleeping well, not working well, etc.  I know it must be extremely difficult for you since you've got more extensive injuries, and you're dealing with PTSD as well.  I'm with Michael though... 3 weeks will go by in no time, right?  You can do it!  Just keep coming back here to help you get through it!

Donna I've been thinking of you every day since the accident. The blessing of the freedom to get out and get moving has been forefront of my mind in all my runs and walks this week. Wishing you a full recovery, in body and mind, and I can't wait to be swimming and running with you again very soon. xx

Wow what challenges you have been through.. keep strong .. 🏃 will think of you during the Blackmores tomorrow 😄

Oh my goodness!! Sending you love positivity and healing vibes... will be thinking of you on my next run x

These are a few of the 100's & 100's of comments all full of encouragement.  You are all wonderful people to embrace and support so freely someone you don't really know.  Each and every one of you is special to me.  There aren't words that would express how I really feel and thank you is simply not enough.

Feeling very loved tonight
Donna Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today’s been one of those days, you know what I mean where you question everything and I can’t help but wonder why I’m still here, broke...