Friday 29 September 2017

Melt Down

DAY 20



How is one meant to act 20 days after fracturing their C6 & C7 in their neck and breaking their T1 rib?  You'd think by now someone would have written a step by step manual about it but they haven't.  A little disappointing.  About the only advice FB has offered was something I saw on a running site and it read like this 'when you feel like stabbing you partner, go for an angry run instead', so my question is, what does one do when they feel this way but can't run? (Tongue in cheek of course).

I'm exhausted.  I finally cracked.  Broke down and left myself vulnerable.  I think all the frustration, hurt, pain (physical and emotional) just came flooding out on the floor.  The realisation that the brace isn't coming off for at least another 3 weeks (I know in the scheme of things it's actually not a big deal) but it feels like the end of the world when your tired, uncomfortable and dizzy a majority of the time.

My family has finally got it.  The kids more so than Adam I think because his pressured at work and he has to manage his type 1 diabetes which means he must monitor his stress or he will get sick..  He doesn't get a break from that either.  He could spend all day every day crying but the realisation that it won't change anything prevents him from even shedding one tear.  Not ever.  Not even one.

They all dragged themselves out of bed (believe me this was huge for a 16 & 17 year old on holidays from school and came to parkrun to support LRC, the club I run with.  Obviously I still can't run so I volunteered again and was put on tokens.  It's a good job because you get to cheer everyone over the finish line and congratulate them on a great run (assuming they all are of course) and it did make me feel like a million bucks that they would do that to support me.  Loved it and definately helped lift my moods first thing.

By the time we hit home it just came flooding out.  Still doesn't want to stop but I can't cry because it makes me feel dizzy.  Everyone will be watching the big game today.  I hope Richmond win for Adam but I think I need a rest.

Perhaps a little walk after a nap.




Certifiably Mad
Donna
Xo

2 comments:

  1. Hello Donna, good luck with the recovery, just a little thumbs up from a mum who's 23 year old son broke his back,nearly lost his hand, shattered his arm and wrist, had double concussion and a massive brainheamorrage last January (2016), and was told he would be taking at least 2 years before if/he would be able to walk again let alone ride his bike. He was back on the bike the 26th Jul
    y (2016) so don't give up hope. Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! haven't you (and him) been through the ringer, I think it's harder watching the ones we love go through things like this because we feel helpless and they are in pain (believe me I feel his pain!).
      What an absolute inspirational story. Please stay connected I need people like you to help me through the crappy days
      Donna Xo

      Delete

Today’s been one of those days, you know what I mean where you question everything and I can’t help but wonder why I’m still here, broke...