Friday 29 September 2017

A Blog about Blogging

 

BLOGS
For two years now people that know me have tried to get me to start my own Blog.  I've often written little run pieces on my private Facebook Page about my attempt at being an amazing runner and athlete and I have also been part of a community page where I train.  I would often put little blubs up or some silly caption or piece of writing regarding our training sessions and how crazy we all are in an attempt to bring people together more and so they would feel more comfortable around me.  At least more comfortable around me that what I am.  If I am to be completely honest it was also to hide a terrible secret. 
I don't cope well in groups, large or small and I never have. The PTSD has made the likelihood of overcoming this quickly an impossible task.  I cry a lot (even in small group training) so rather than run like I usually would I took to writing on the page (around 40 people) and became a little more confident the more people responded.
I got to the point almost everyone was saying the same thing.  You have a true talent for writing wether its writing about your exercise misadventures, a project, your kids, an event you took part in you truly have a gift that you need to share with the rest of the world.  Not sure that they realise I left school at 14.  Wasn't even legally allowed back then, so it was put on my school record as taking a 3 month break and to return at the beginning of year 10,but of course I never returned.
My daily blog will include a lot about running as it is such a big part of my life, it will include the crazy people I meet along the way and all the crazy adventures, but will also include everyday stuff as it come up.
My Ironman Facebook page and blog is just that.  Starting from my rehab in 3 weeks it will be only about my personal journey to compete in a half ironman in November and all the trials and tribulations along the way.  The early morning pool sessions, the late evening runs.  (all being well and assuming I don't go and have another spectacular accident of course).
So, my blogging for fun has taken off so much I have had to separate my private Facebook page from two newly created ones called:
Donna Daily Dose
Rehab To Ironman
My blogs will be posted each day to these FB pages (they are public) so please if you enjoy reading my stuff jump on and follow me that way I wont have to keep harassing these poor sites to get followers, although I am forever grateful and will mention their FB pages to my Blog followers at least once per week.
Sorry for this boring blog post but I needed to clear up where to send you all as it has changed.
My Donnashurdles.blogspot.com is still the same and I will post the Ironman one on Donna's Daily Dose FB page and Rehab to Ironman FB page once it finalised.  A good start is to jump on and follow the two FB pages that way I can easily keep you all up to date.
Until tomorrow
Donna  xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today’s been one of those days, you know what I mean where you question everything and I can’t help but wonder why I’m still here, broke...