Thursday 21 September 2017

A Cruel Lesson


DAY 12


I have no idea what the lesson is meant to be for me out of this bike accident but what I do know is I'm pretty sure I didn't need to feel this bad to learn it.  I realise I didn't fully learn from the other things in my life that resulted in me having PTSD but I was trying.  I'm still trying.  I'm trying to be a better person and someone who my kids can be proud of knowing I always did what I thought was best even if it wasn't always the right choice.

I can't imagine another 6 weeks without running.  There's no way I want to stay feeling this way for 6 more weeks.  I have another MRI on Tuesday and they will need to take the brace off, my skin is burning under it and I've had enough.  5 more days is about my limit.  I'm confident they'll let me out of it and put me in one thats more flexible as long as I agree to follow the proper rehab which I have every intention of doing.

So, tomorrow I plan on a mid morning walk after therapy, god knows I'll need it by then and I plan on writing myself a meal plan to get my nutrition back on track (up to 13kgs weight gain now) very frustrating! I have to start somewhere and nutrition will be important for my recovery too.  It can help with my sleep, energy and anxiety along with overall mood.  Can't go wrong with good nutrition.  Once I write out a few days plan I can look at small things I can do such as walking to keep my leg muscles from starting to deteriorate.  It's not good to be bed ridden.  My hips the last two days have ached to the point I can't stand up and it's just from lack of movement (the accident too no doubt I was thrown pretty high into the air).

Although it's going to be a long road if I plan it properly that ironman in 2018 is definitely doable.

Today I'm grateful that I can make plans for the future.
Today I am grateful I have wonderful people by my side.
Today I am grateful I made it to my sons concert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today’s been one of those days, you know what I mean where you question everything and I can’t help but wonder why I’m still here, broke...