Monday 25 September 2017

A Thank You to my readers

Day 15


As those following my blog already know yesterday was a shocking day, but I must say I am feeling a lot better today.  Next to no sleep (2 hours in total), but just so much better within myself.  A wonderful woman named Mara from a local running club (who I only officially ran with once and met a couple other times to say a quick hello to and chat in club runs) came and picked me up with a beautiful gift of lots of fresh fruit and nuts and then took me out to walk around a little and enjoy a nice coffee and chat at a local shopping centre.  We shared a few stories, she's had a hell of a ride also, and just enjoyed each others company.  We parted ways with the promise to each other to do it again.

I wont go into too much detail as I'm sure it will come up in future blogs of mine over the coming months but I had an appointment with a lawyer regarding my accident (more to do with a poorly positioned rock on a designated bike path) as I had asked the local council who had planned, designed and constructed the path if they would be prepared to replace my new racer (or at the very least fix it for me) and replace my cracked helmet so that once I am better I will be able to return to training and it will help with my recovery.  They refused and proceeded to inform me that the accident was my fault as I was going to fast and lost control.  Yes I was moving at a reasonable pace and yes an accident is that just an accident and of course I wish it hadn't of happened.  Originally I had only called them incase a young child came off their bike in the same manner and may have ended up with similar injuries.  I would never have forgiven myself if I didn't report it and I saw on the news someone was hurt or killed at the same location, but while I was on the phone I mentioned my bike, clothes (that were brand clothes cut off me at trauma emergency) and my helmet to see if they would help me fix or replace them and the answer was pretty clear.  Under no circumstance will they admit to the fact that had the rock not been there I wouldn't have the severe injuries I have, and if they were going to give anything (even $100.00) they would make it difficult.

So purely out of a sense of what's right and what's wrong I sought legal advice and I intend on taking it further.  I will get my bike fixed regardless, this is something that is just too important too me, more important than the medical costs, the rehabilitation costs, the cost to replace brand clothing, lost penalties, lost partner wages.  Its my bike, I want it fixed so I can ride again and I feel I deserve to have it fixed.  I don't believe I should be punished for something that wasn't my fault and I don't feel I should be disadvantaged because of a poorly placed large rock pool that had it not been there I wouldn't have the significant ongoing injuries I have.  I hope that they wish they had just agreed to replace my bike.  That's all I wanted.

This afternoon I had my therapy session and it was tough and I feel absolutely exhausted to the point I feel like I am going to be sick.  I am still very happy that I went and I am very happy that I am doing well so far.

BUT...... I'm getting completely off track now as I wanted this blog to thank everyone for their support, through visiting me, dropping a gift off of food or goodies in person, giving flowers to my children to pass on, a hug, a note, a text, a message via FB, a message on this blog or just by reading this blog, given the amount of views I have had I assume I have a lot of people reading my blog and I have to say I am overwhelmed at the amount of support I am receiving from all over the world.
I haven't always got around to answering all of them personally but I can assure you I do read every one of them when I am feeling well enough and do attempt to make contact.  If I haven't responded please feel free to drop me a line and I promise I will get around to responding as soon as I can.

I want to share with you a few message that have really touched me personally and some of you may connect in a similar way:

It is from a Chinese philosopher called Mencius and is translated to:

"if God wants to give someone great responsibility, he will make his/her mind painfully suffered, bones tired, stomach starved, body weakened and behaviour confused.  After being through all the hardships, he\she will gain resilience, strengths and abilities that they never had.


Women who have reached out to me and shared their own personal stories that have touched me like you Rina, Maria and Claudia

A very personal and beautiful piece shared with me by Cindy who really tore at my heart strings.

Darren, your messages of support and all the crazy people at pathetic triathletes group.

The amazing women Running Mums Australia and Run like a Girl Community.

All the athletes at the Ironman Journey.

The wonderful people at Diamond Creek Runners.

My fellow crazies at Lalor Run Club where I am a run leader.

and Last but not least where my journey all began with my family at View to Fitness. xoxo

Today I am grateful for each and everyone of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today’s been one of those days, you know what I mean where you question everything and I can’t help but wonder why I’m still here, broke...